They’re finally here!! After months of hard work, I’ve finally launched my new line of spices: Alejandra’s Seasoning Blends. A collection of six blends with global flavors, they are made in small batches right in the heart of Los Angeles. I carefully crafted each of them to reflect my favorite flavor profiles and used only the best ingredients–all certified organic and non GMO. Please visit my beautiful e-store and website to learn more about them! One of the early favorites has been Gingerlove Curry. Hints of ginger complement the delicious flavors of turmeric and cumin. It’s mild enough to use directly on a curry chicken salad and blends wonderfully with coconut milk to prepare a delicious curry. So exotic and smooth. I call it “The Ladies Man”. I’d love to share an easy recipe for you to try at home. Chicken Larb gets a doses of sazón with my Gingerlove Curry seasoning blend. Very easy to make, it goes great on lettuce cups which also makes it low-carb, paleo friendly, gluten-free, and well, just yummy!
- 1.5 lbs organic chicken thighs, cut in very small pieces (about ½”)
- 2 tbsp Alejandra’s Gingerlove Curry
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Grape seed oil
- 1 cup brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp of grape seed oil with Gingerlove Curry and sea salt. Add chicken to bowl and rub paste all over. Cover and marinate for 5 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp of grape seed oil over medium-high heat on a large skillet. Add onions and cook for 2 min. Add garlic and chicken to the skillet, making sure to break chicken with wooden spoon and stirring often. Cook for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add bell peppers and cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve chicken larb in lettuce cups, top with finely shredded cucumber, purple cabbage, and carrots. Top with extra lemon juice and chopped scallions!
- Serve chicken larb on steamed brown rice with sautéed baby bok choy. Add freshly sliced jalapeños, cilantro, and a drizzle of Sriracha.